Monday, December 12, 2011

Perri and Ed's Wedding



Like most of the brides that come to me for a wedding dress, Perri wanted a dress that she could wear after her wedding day.

Being in Melbourne, it was really hard for us to predict the weather. Early December should be summer afterall, which means sunny, right? Well, that is not the case with Melbourne, it could be cold and raining, sunny, it could hail, it could be windy or it could be extremely hot (or all of the things I just mentioned in one day).

Perri knew she wanted red and something that would keep her cool if it was a 45C day. Cotton sateen was the fabric we chose and after 2 initial designs, we decided on an 'Anni' dress style, but using a full circle for the skirt. I initially was going to fully line the dress, but as the weather was looking like it would behave, I decided to half line the dress using red viscose lining, as cotton sateen with lining can be a little heavy on a super-hot summer day.

The outfit was completed with a 1950s style Malco Modes petticoat and a beautiful crocheted shrug, handmade by her friend.

Perri also wanted her bridesmaids to wear dresses that could be worn again, they chose my 'Rocker Girl Jane' style dress "off the rack" from my online store and we used red with white cotton pindot fabric, instead of polka dot fabric. I made white belts to compliment their white petticoats, and as the bridesmaids live in different places around the world, each one was altered by their own dressmaker.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Perri and Ed for making me a part of their wedding day. It has been alot of fun.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails