Monday, November 21, 2011

Sheena and Gary's wedding


Sheena (pictured above with her lovely mother and father) gave me a photo of a wedding dress idea she had and we started the design process approximately 6 months before her wedding day, which was on Saturday the 19th of November 2011.

We started off with a tea length dress that had princess seams in the bodice, with a boat neckline and a full circle skirt.

The fabric we chose was polyester shantung in cream with cream coloured viscose lining.

At Sheena's second appointment (the one where I take her measurements), I asked her to try a toile on I had ready for another client and she fell in love with the style.

We changed the bodice design lines from princess seams to bust and waist darts, and added a just below the knee length full circle skirt.

At out next fitting, we chatted with her bridesmaid Leia about the skirt, as we were not "100%" about the full circle skirt. We looked at a few of my other dress images online and decided on an a-line skirt with a flat front and back, gathered at the sides.

We cut a small 'v' into the centre back and settled on the final design. I finished off the dress with a exquisite beaded bridal quality braid from Clegs, hand-sewn around the waitsline.

Sheena's 5 bridesmaids wore my 'Vanessa' style dress in black cotton sateen, half lined in viscose lining with a red 1 1/2 inch wide fabric covered belt.

I am far too excited to wait for Sheena and Gary's professional photos, so I am using photos that Sheena has given me permission to use via Facebook.

I would like to thank Sheena, Gary, Finn, Kristy, Leia, Ash, Erin and Kylie for making me a part of their special day.

It may have rained all day on Saturday, but from the photos I have seen so far, the sun shone brightly throughout their whole wedding. x

Photo credit: Kristy Nicholl and Alicia Fussell

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails