Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Vanessa's new dress

Two Sundays ago, my gorgeous friend Vanessa asked me to make her a new dress by the following Friday. No problem! Ha, good old Murphy's Law ensured that my son Bastien came down with the flu that very same night.

So with only 1 week and an unwell baby I created this simple, yet stunning dress using genuine Hawaiian cotton bark cloth. The dress has halter style straps, a high split in the back. I made a 1 1/2"self covered belt (not pictured) to complete the outfit.

As you will discover during my blogging journey, I am a brilliant dressmaker and a terrible photographer!! Let me know what you think...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoever Vanessa is, she'll be lookin' hot in this luscious little number. Soooo cute.

Kylie said...

Gorgeous dress!!! Love the style and the fabric...I'm sure your friend is over the moon with the finished product :)

62cherry said...

stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails