Sunday, July 31, 2011

Did you see Pulp on Friday night? I did'nt and I am ok about it...sort of



So; I had to choose between buying a Pulp ticket for their show at Festival Hall in Melbourne or a Soundwave Revolution ticket. After much discussion, I convinced myself that SW Revolution would "be better value for money". I made a mistake. I made a mistake because I am not going to SW Revolution afterall and Pulp tickets were a total sellout...that and I was unwell on Friday night and most likely would not have been able to go anyway. *sigh*

Now, I know missing out on a concert is not worthy of being sad about considering all of the horrific things people endure on a daily basis but there is a tiny part of my brain that can't help feeling sad.

Pulp were there for my friends and I in the 90s. We danced to them at Steve Wide's nights at Dream Nightclub and Pulp were there on lazy Sundays while we 'recovered' from our big weekends. Some of us loved Jarvis and some of us loved him and kept it a secret. We danced to Pulp at our mini discos in my lounge room and sung along to their songs in our car.

It's not often I feel post "I did'nt see..." sadness, but I do in relation to Pulp today, hence my blog post.

Anyway, if you were lucky enough to see them on this tour I would love to hear your feedback. :)

3 comments:

Kylie C said...

I did not. :(

I regret not shouting my husband and I a trip to Melbourne to see them. I could have used the massive leave payout I got from leaving my last job.

I am consoling myself with the fact that Portishead are touring in November. :)

petapledger said...

Make sure you buy a Portishead ticket, Kylie! :)

Kylie C said...

Already have! Wouldn't miss it for the world. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails