Friday, March 13, 2009

Hot Couture - Handmade in South Australia


I will be going to the annual Kustom Kulture Weekend festival in Adelaide tomorrow.

One label I am excited about trying on is Hot Couture.

Joy Taylor, the woman behind the label, not only shares a passion for vintage clothing with me, but she also shares her birthday with me.

I recently sent Joy a 5 question quiz:

1. What is your name and your location?Hot Couture Adelaide South Australia.

2. What kind of handmade clothing do you make and what is your inspiration?
I make retro 50's inspired garments mostly frocks. My inspiration is from old original patterns.

3. Do you plan on expanding the business in the future? If so, what are your goals?
I would like to expand but I will just go with the flow and see what happens. I would love a shop in Melbourne or Sydney eventually.

4. What are you favorite fabrics to work with and do you have a favorite thing that you like to make?I love my cotton fabric with a slight stretch it works so well and fits beautifully. My bardot with the matching belt.

5. Name 3 of your favorite Australian designers (established designers are welcome).
Peta Pledger and not just because this is going back to her. I like retrospc'd as well and myself haha!

Please visit this wonderful Australian made label at www.hotcouture.com.au and their MySpace page: www.myspace.com/hotcoutureaustralia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails