Saturday, March 8, 2008

Poodle skirt inspired Tote Bag for a Kutie


I have been super busy sewing sweet new dresses and skirts since my last post. I just wish I had photos of all of them!


I am part of the Melbourne stitching group, the Kaotic Kraft Kuties and for our first meeting we were asked to bring a handmade totebag. We presented our own bag to the group and then 'pulled a name from a hat', that person got my tote bag and in return repeated the process.


This is the tote that I made, inspired by the famous 1950's Poodle skirt.


It is made from heavy cotton drill, I used a store bought applique and lined it using some white with pink spotted cotton. The pom poms finish off this sweet bag.
This tote was "won" by the lovely Anita.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bag! I love it!

Tizzalicious said...

I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails